Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dreams and Destiny

Today, 11/07/09, was a glorious day for a parade, right? As I walked around TSU campus with my grandson, I wondered about the dreams this generation has. I had a moment of sadness, as I realized several of my classmates, especially from high school...are now "absent from the body". We had such big dreams at graduation, so much confidence. Do you remember your earlier dreams and life goals? Its always interesting when I ask people the question: "What was your dream as a child?" Usually, I've been pleasantly surprised at the responses. So I wonder...would you take a moment and post your comments to this blog? Please share how far you've come with your dreams, and....if your life took a comple turn in another direction....are you able to clearly see God's hand as he guides you (Jeremiah 29:11)? Grace and peace to you!

2 comments:

  1. As a child I wanted to teach and have an impact on the world. Wow, such a tall order, I know. I didn't know then, but God was working even then to put my mind in the place it needed to be. For many years, as childhood turned into what I call 'the roaring 20's', I lost pieces of the vision until this year. I am now 35 and Jeremiah 29:11 is what I was awakened to this year in March when God spoke clearly and told me, "It is Time". Time for what you ask? Time to teach and make an impact on the world. I tear up as I think of the awesomeness of God and how He kept me when I had no idea of how to keep myself afloat. Once the training is done, I pray that God will continue to use me to to impact the world by telling of His love and kindness. I am a very willing mouthpiece, now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was one of those children who was good at a lot of things, but never knew what I wanted to be. I got into engineering because I was good at math and science. Then after serving 20 years in corporate America (engineering, consulting, marketing, technical sales, pharmaceutical sales) I was led by the spirit to start a training company with my wife, Elaine. Now we are taking the things we learned (good and bad experiences) and using them to help others survive and excel in the workforce and to be happier and more at peace in their personal lives. Because we are led by the spirit, we can walk without fear, knowing we are covered. Check us out www.highergroundtraining.com

    ReplyDelete